Thursday, October 6, 2016

Application Update: UNDER REVIEW

Spoke with the Admission office last week and I got an update.

For those who are unfamiliar, Ross will allow you to apply before you have completed all of your required course. I am currently taking my last two required course I needed, which are Biochemistry and Genetics. I was told when I visited the campus down on St.Kitts that you could apply while in the process of completing two of the required course. Yet I was updated that you can actually only have one required course still in progress. But have no fear!!! 

If you ask, you can apply for a waiver to still be considered for acceptance while taking your two last required course. I applied for that waiver and got accepted for the waiver, so now my application is now in the progress of being reviewed.  **Whoo-who!!! mini-celebration!!**

So now I wait.....it's not glamorous and the time seems to drag on. I was told that I should hear something back within 3-4 weeks (so hopefully before the beginning of November).

So by November, one of two things will happen....
1.) I could get a letter in the mail, this will inform me that I was not chosen to go to the next step (an interview).  Basic rejection....pretty much. If this happens then I will find out how to strengthen my application and then reapply for May 2017 semester.

OR

2.) I get contacted (phone or email) from the admission office to set up an interview. Meaning I get to advance to the "next round". I , of course, are hoping that this is what will happen. *fingers crossed*

Whatever happens I plan to remain positive and focused. I doing well in Genetics so far yet I am having a harder time in biochemistry but I still have time to help build up my weakness in the course.

Keep in mind, that If I was to get accepted, it would be a "circumstantial acceptance". Meaning that I can only go if I pass the two required classes that I am currently taking, which is completely understandable, of course!

So that's it for right now. I promise to keep you updated! Keep your head up and remember that even the darkest night ends with the light from the sun. Everything will be okay, just keep moving forward. show the world that you have the drive that will take you to your dreams.
I believe in you and so does Gryffindor 🐱

No comments:

Post a Comment