Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rejection in a little white envelope

So as you can tell from the title, I received a rejection letter from Ross the other day. It was a hard letter to open. I knew that a letter from Ross was a 98% chance of it being bad news.  I took the letter and ripped it opened and began to read. I read the first paragraph and of course, there were some tears...okay a lot of tears. So sue me, I was really hoping for another outcome. I was upset that I got a letter and not a phone call, like I was promised. Yet it makes sense because who would want to be on the phone and have to tell someone that they didn't get in. I would probably be a blubbering hot mess if I had to carry on a conversion with some random person who called and said I didn't make it. I extremely happy that  I had personal time to read and cope and then reread  the letter.

So reason behind their rejections (things that didn't help me); not having my bachelor degree yet,  still taking Biochemistry and Genetics and my science GPA not being stronger.

Now, for spring 2017, I plan to take the last 13 hours needed for my bachelor's degree. Of course I have just finished up taking genetics and Biochemistry ( which will raise my science GPA and complete all the requirements). I was told by my interviewer that if I had a bachelor's degree it would help combat the negative of my science GPA. So that's the next step.



No comments:

Post a Comment