Friday, August 19, 2016

Application Update: Slow going....

So it is officially four days before sister "J" goes off to medical school. It is really getting down to the nitty gritty stuff. We packed up three duffel bags full of stuff and kept weighing it over and over again trying to make sure we are not over the 50lb limit for the airplane's baggage rules.

I went and picked up my books for (hopefully last semester at Wichita State University) fall classes. They start this coming monday and I'm so looking forward to them. Every semester I get closer to being in class where I go "yes I do think that information would be useful on a day to day basis in a vet clinic". Let's be honest, no vet is sitting in an exam room mulling over the molecular structure of Hydrochloric acid or debating the role of physics in their ability to exam a dog with a cough. But I know that in the end it will all be worth it.

I know that there is a possibility that one of you reading this might also be feeling a little glum. I have felt that stab of self doubt in my journey to where I am today but it gets better. It does not get easier but I do think that you get stronger as you go through. I am talking about college courses, friends, family and life in general.

I look in the mirror and I realize that all my life I've been dreaming of moving out on my own and applying to Vet School but now that it's finally happening it's odd. I never really thought this day would come. In a way I guess I have been dreaming for so long that it's hard to believe that I'm taking the next step. I guess from here on out every step will be a "new" step.

I'll calm this post back down and get off my soap box. I send my GRE scores, WSU transcript and my application fee (money order by mail). I paid for it all to be sent out last thursday (so a little over a week). Last night I saw that Ross received my $100 application fee but I am still waiting on my transcript and GRE scores to come in. I call and left a message at the Ross admission office this morning to check on the progress and to see if they had arrived yet. I have not heard back from them and since it was friday, i am sure they were busy. So I look forward to hearing back from them maybe by monday or tuesday at the latest.

Keep You Posted
Stay Strong!

Random Cuteness Picture of Gryffindor

No comments:

Post a Comment