Wednesday, August 24, 2016

J is off to Med School and I'm working on finishing stage 2 of my application to Vet School

Well it's the night before J leaves to go to Ross University School of Medicine. I'm so proud of her and will miss her very much. J says she is nervous about leaving. We always grew up knowing this day would come but we never really prepared for the good bye part. I also never thought I would be send J off first, since I'm the older sister! But hey that's life, it always has it's own plan and doesn't really care too much about any preconceived notions about what might happen now and in the future. I look at J's room and see essentially her life packed up into four suitcases, a carry-on bag and a backpack.

It will be strange not having her just upstairs or a short drive away. I guess in the same sense that I always knew we would move away from home but I always pictured it as a future event. I want to hug her and not let her leave but I know that is silly. It has been pointed out to me that at least now I won't have to worry about my clothes going missing. (she was notorious for wear/taking my clothes/shoes)

J is pretty worried about her baggage being lost and not making it to her final destination. So we will just have to see. Keep you updated!

ROSS UPDATE FOR ME:
It had been about 10 days since I had sent my transcript in the mail to Ross and had my GRE scores sent electronically. But I didn't see them as being received yet on my Ross application page, so I called the admission office in New Jersey and chatted with someone. It seems that they had come in but had yet to be processed. They inputted the info and it all checked out, aside from the fact that they forgot to input that I took Physics 1 already. I called back and left them a voicemail to try and correct the error. I'm sure they are really busy with a new semester starting at Ross Med and Ross Vet in the next two weeks. 

I do want to let you know that I sent in my current transcript that shows that I am currently taking Biochemistry and Genetics. So if I get an interview and then if I get a letter offering me a spot, it will be on the basis that I pass those two required classes and then resubmit my final transcript. 

Keep You Posted!! Ask if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment