Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Munchies and Crunchies !

One of the bigger questions that I stumbled across while looking into Ross was, "what kind of food is there on the island"?

First off let me clarify that there is NO Walmart, NO Target and before you ask, just know that the answer is probably no to any American grocery stores. But I give you a promise from the bottom of my heart, you will not starve!
You will survive if you hate seafood because there is more than seafood here. Maryland hates seafood and she always finds multiple things on the menus to order. Maryland, Texas, Jersey (the newest member of our little Prep squad) and I have loved everything that I've eaten here.

If you want it, you can find it! There are differences in the local grocery stores. There are the two main stores that are closer to campus. One is called Rams and the other is called Best Buy ( and no it is not the electronic Best Buy stores from back in the states).

I've added a few random video that I took on my last grocery store run to Rams with Jersey, Maryland, and NOLA. I hope these give you a little insight into what Rams looks like inside.










There are tons of food cafe/shacks on campus to have for lunch during the week. They will not be open during your orientation week though. But when they do open, there is the burger shack, Spice shack (which always has great food), smoothie shack, shack shack, boba tea shack and the vegan shack. If you want smoothies, you will find the best smoothies on campus at the smoothie shack. There's a coffee shop called Rituals on campus so don't worry my coffee lovers, we got you covered. There is the vegan cafe on campus too, in case there is any of you who are vegan.

If you go into town you will stumble upon familiar restaurant names like Subway, Burger King, and Dominio's pizza. SEE?!?!?! I told you that you wouldn't starve! You can either go into town and get these or you can order 869.

869 is the name of a delivery service that will deliver food from many different places in town to any place on the island (within reason).

One of my favorite things to do is to have what we call "Adult Dinner Parties"! It's literally when a group of us, all bring something to someone's dorm room and we all cook a big meal together! It's awesome. Texas gives Adult Dinner Parties a 10/10!

But the real take away is that you will not starve :) Please let me know if you have any questions.

You can also follow me on Instagram @sam_vetstudent

No comments:

Post a Comment